Belhaven-5ELLHAVEN



Last weekend, I went to Jackson MS to visit Kathleen and watch her Senior Project.

Belhaven-3

This is her cute little house she rents with 4 other girls- I'll tell ya what- those girls make college look SO much fun- of course, I'd never be able to have that type of experience now that I'm married, but it was SO fun to hang out with a FANTASTIC group of girls who love life, Jesus and each other.

Belhaven-1

Kathleen had made up a bed for me, with a nightstand, towel and chocolate- COMPLETE with a picture of Paul and I on the nightstand- it was my first time away over night from him since we got married. (collective "Aww..." from all my readers, please! LOL)

He occupied himself by going out to the farm while I was gone, to keep himself busy (and of course yummy cooking from my mom!). I think on Sunday, he got two free invites for eating with People, so he used his charm to keep himself fed the entire 4 days while I was gone. I do have to admit I left him with a pretty empty fridge...! So anyway, the picture was so sweet and thoughtful of her. But if you know my best friend, really it makes perfect sense.

Belhaven-40

The center where they all have their dance classes/studios is called the Bitsy Irby Center, but I called it the "Itty Bitty-whatever-building" the whole time. The piece of art above is a physical door and steps, with a painting of the woman behind. However, her hands pop out of the art- probably made of wax, and it makes for a very interesting piece. Its a very southern piece, and I definitely enjoyed the diferent culture there. Ian and I talked about this piece while we were there (Ian Scott flew out to Jackson too- I really enjoyed that he was there with us!) and he said wanted to open the door and go in. All I wanted was some cold Ice Tea! Sorry, Sweet Tea.

Belhaven-39
The center's archetecture was very cool!

Belhaven-42




Belhaven-41


Belhaven-44

On the walk from her house to the itty-bitty center, there is a fire hydrant- how wonderful that it has been used so infrequesntly that vines grow upon it's historic paint?

Belhaven-51


It was SPRING there, and I was SOO happy to get out of the midwest...! The iris smelled fantastic, and everything was green and lovely there.Belhaven-54

Belhaven-55

This is a picture of Tabitha (who lives with Kathleen) and of another friend, Megan. I snapped this outside a resturant we ate at called Que Sera Sera.

Below are several pictures from her Senior Project- below, is her 30 some membered cast and staff!Belhaven-59
Belhaven-64
Kathleen taking notes...

Belhaven-65
After the performance- which was AhhhMAZING, they had a reception...

Belhaven-69

Stephen, being Stephen. (Kathleen's brother)






So, that does it for the pictures... I got some GREAT ones flying back home Monday night- of a beautiful Memphis Sunset... but they are loaded on the other computer, so I'll have to post them later.


This is a verse I have been meditating on today.

Psalm 37:7-9



7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Instagram Feed

Meet The Author

Camilla EuDaly Barrett is a freelance photographer and designer with 6 years of expertise and 15 years of loving cameras and 'messing around' graphically on computers. By career she is a nationally certified Sign Language Interpreter.