Blue Monday

Today, I am thankful for:

A good nights rest.
Green Smoothies
Tree-Hut body butter
MY ENTIRE loft being clean
My husband not biting me in the middle of the night
My gallery for starbucks DONE!
...And all my pictures on the wall waiting till the right time.
My business cards ordered
Monday night with no plans
FRIENDS I love hanging out with, and that are one door away, three blocks away, and 5 minutes away.
Vanilla Soy Milk (because it makes my no-sugar coffee taste better!)
Friends of friends that make the latter aforementioned friends REALLY happy when then fly into the city to surprise them.


On another note,
This is the mathematical equation for today. In theory, the most depressing day of the year. It's called Blue Monday.

\frac{[W + (D-d)] \times T^Q}{M \times N_a}


 "where weather=W, debt=d, time since Christmas=T, time since failing our new year’s resolutions=Q, low motivational levels=M and the feeling of a need to take action=Na. 'D' is not defined in the release, nor are units.
Arnall says the date was calculated by using many factors, including: weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action. Writing about the calculation, Goldacre stated: ... the fact is that Cliff Arnall's equations ... fail even to make mathematical sense on their own terms."

-Wikipedia (so the validity of this should be in question!) Read the full article here.

 So, to balance this post, here is my depressing thought for the day:

I've been missing my dog lately...
So here's a photo! I've been reading through my old blog and re-living all my memories...





He was so adventuresome, always getting into messes...
And the thing is? I don't want another dog. I just want him!

Hope your Blue Monday is only sad in thought and memories, and nothing in your bright-and-glorious present, and future!


























4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are missing your doggie. My dog is old and lives with my parents, and I miss her madly every day. It's comforting to know that dogs live for the moment, and are happy. :)

    I love that you are my neighbor and I count my blessings every day too. I will miss you terribly when you move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I enjoyed the last two posts. We do have so much to be thankful for. I hope you new job is coming along for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camilla, I finally have a blog again. www.adastraperaliaporci-atlas.blogspot.com
    I am excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way this is Bryan

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Instagram Feed

Meet The Author

Camilla EuDaly Barrett is a freelance photographer and designer with 6 years of expertise and 15 years of loving cameras and 'messing around' graphically on computers. By career she is a nationally certified Sign Language Interpreter.