Friday Date Night

Last night, Paul and I went on a much needed date.
We packed a picnic, and went up to the Liberty Memorial. I had actually never been there for fun before, and I had always wanted to go back (I've interpreted several things there before).

We spread out a blanket and watched the sun set- and even though it was a very average Missouri sunset, there was something so captivating about it! I 'spose it was simply because I hadn't taken the time to watch one in recent years, and that thought kind of jolted me. I just sat there, thinking how our sun is the complete measure of time. Time itself... moving on, minute by minute, sinking further on the horizion.

It kind of made me stop and re-evaluate some things, that process being completely ESSENTIAL for the time being. I've had a super rough week, and I just needed to stop and slow down and see it for what it was. There will never be a sunset on that day, in that exact moment of time, ever again. So I'd better use it right!



1 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Instagram Feed

Meet The Author

Camilla EuDaly Barrett is a freelance photographer and designer with 6 years of expertise and 15 years of loving cameras and 'messing around' graphically on computers. By career she is a nationally certified Sign Language Interpreter.