This is not in my job-description!

(30 seconds after this happened, I'm back 'in-the-cube' and Paul happens to be online)


Me: YOU will not believe what just happened to me.

Paul: What?

Me: I just went to the bathroom, and washed my hands, and came out to the refrigerator to get my smoothie, and this guy who was apparently a workman type guy, has a canister of like helium or something
and yellow hoses and is doing something in the sink area.

Well, I figured out what was going on real quick, because RIGHT as I was passing by, the hose sprayed up and shot a CRAP load of black decomposed garbage-poo at the wall one foot away from me, and splattered me with Shit.
I'm fortunate I wasn't wearing anything white. And the guy didn't even apologize.
He just said "SHIT!" under his breath, and I had to go into the bathroom AGAIN to wash everything- spots off my hands and my skirt.
it seriously was black and oily and smells like poo.

Paul: dang...can you leave and change?

Me: I'm kinda pissed.
No.
If it was real bad, I would, but I wiped of the matter as best I could, but there are some spots on my skirt and sweater.
I am wearing brown today...
...Crap-load-o-poo!
That's what workmans comp is for.
So I'm trying to drink my smoothie and not think that if it was black and brown how much is would resemble garbage disposal poo.

Paul: dang...I'm sorry...
I'm sorry

Me: I'll get over it.
He could have apologized though

Paul: I know!

Me: Oh, and have I mentioned that all the stairways here smell like pee and sweat and stinky feet?
Every time I have to go downstairs I gulp some fresh air to take me to the bottom.

Paul:

Me: But, I'll be outta here soon for the weekend. *sigh*




(So, not to sound like a complaining, American brat who-lives-in-a-perfectly-fed-and-content-world, but that is the last thing I expected from this job, let alone have had to deal with: getting sprayed with sewer-goo in my business-dress, NICE clothing, in a random .5th of a second kiss-of-karma that was COMPLETELY 1-in-a-million. And I won't even begin to talk about the disposition of my client).

I'm so ready to go home.

But, I did find something funny today:
http://www.picturesocial.com/profiles/blogs/incredible-mountain-goat-risks

I seriously wonder how he got down. What you'll do for minerals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Instagram Feed

Meet The Author

Camilla EuDaly Barrett is a freelance photographer and designer with 6 years of expertise and 15 years of loving cameras and 'messing around' graphically on computers. By career she is a nationally certified Sign Language Interpreter.